PMDD question

I think I have PMDD. The symptoms were getting worse before I had my second child ( 9/22/08) and now they are back and getting increasingly worse each month. What do the drs do about this? I have my annual in a couple of weeks, so I plan on talking to my OBGYN about it. I just want to know what meds they prescribe. With the stress of raising two kids, working from home and keeping up on the housework etc when this happens each month, I just can't cope.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• They may put you on an anti-depressant....one that is an SSRI...because you may not be clinically depressed...but more just a hormone thing...and the SSRI anti-depressants really help with stuff like that. That's just my guess tho....maybe hormones? Sorry, I hope this helps. Good luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My daughter had the same thing and her OB prescribed YAZ, birth control pills. They are specifically prescribed for the treatment of PMDD and all the symptoms that come with it. Ask you OB about it.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• yaz is great for that..i have it,,,,B12 also,,daily ,,,,,,,,,a week before eat REAL good,,alot of fish if you like it,,,,,it'll help trust me...mine is so bad i have atleast one argument a month w. someone..Then it is over ..and i regret my behavior!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 5:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009