I feel like I need a new baby.

I am a young mother of two beautiful little girls. My daughters are 2 and 4. I have always said I wanted a big family, that I wanted 6 children. When my husband and I were married we agreed on 5 and seeing what happens after that. Well the time has come that I am ready for another baby and my husband has changed his mind that he doesnt want any more children at all. I am extremly hurt and I feel like something is missing. I have told him how I feel and he just keeps saying that its in my head. I dont know. Has anyone else felt this way? Is it something you can change or do you think he will change in time?

heatherlyn84

Asked by heatherlyn84 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I think he's more on the financial level, and how the economy is he might change his mind over time but I wouldnt push it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• it sounds like you already knew what you wanted BEFORE you started a family. Hubby is changing his mind because the reality of raising children has probably set in. It is very hard work, indeed. You may have to compromise on your original wishes considering no one really knows how hard child-rearing can be. Try and wait it out a bit. Your kids are still VERY young. Let them get a bit older so things can relax some. Maybe then he will be more open to having more children. Good luck!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would not push it either, give him time. Especially if he is under stress or like a pp said with the economy right now. You don't want to get knocked up and have him feel resentful or angry.

After awhile then sit down and have a talk and come to an agreement together.

My husband said he was done at 2 also, but oops we made a mistake. He is happy, but now he said after I have this baby he is getting the "snip." LOL
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• It's possible the timing isn't right for him. Bringing a new life in the world now with the economic situation in a mess as it is may not be the right thing to do. Listen to him now. Then perhaps he will listen to you when the timing is better.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2009