please help!!!!!!!

my DS is 3 weeks and every now and then after he eats he throws it up. and it's not just a little spit up it's like projectile vomiting and it goes everywhere. i'm a first time mom and this really scares me. what could it be?? or what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well what I would do is take him to the ER I've been told spit up is one this but when is is projectial doctor asap, so just calm down get the things you need and go don't speed becafeful and goodluck
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Okay I don't know about going to the er answer some questions for me first. How long has your LO been doing this ? Have you talked to your doctor about it? My son used to spit up a lot and occasionaly projectile vomited. Turns out it was just the bottles he used we had to go thru 4 different types of bottles before we found a type that worked. It could be the formula. And if your breastfeed your LO could be alergic to something you eat. I urg you to call your doctor first. If your worried about it tonight most doctors have a 24 hour line you can thru to them on.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would have the doctor look at him. It could be really bad reflux or maybe pyloric stenosis.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Breastfed or formula fed? If breastfed it could be a reaction to something you're eating or to overactive letdown...info on both on kellymom.com.

If formula fed, it could be a reaction to the formula.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Talk to your doctor. I wouldn't go to the ER unless he isn't holding anything down but there could be various reasons for it and the doctor would best be able to help you diagnose.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• For some info on what is normal and what is not as far as spit up goes go to http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/reflux.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009