taking baths..

I had my baby a week ago, and now I have the flu... The best way to feel better with the flu is soaking in a nice warm bath.
Am I allowed to take one?
I'm barely BARELY bleeding anymore, and It doesn't burn when I pee either. Please tell me I can take one!

:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took baths. Just shower to wash your body, and make sure no soap gets in the water you're soaking in. Especially if you have stiches, they can get infected. Taking a hot bath always makes me feel better if i'm crampy or achy.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yikes! Im so sorry youre sick right after giving birth ... Id say take that bath ... your body needs the comfort.
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• That sucks... are you very sure that it's the flu... not a post partum infection?
    I wouldn't do a bath... try a nice hot shower
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I agree with AmiJanell.. make sure its not a post partun infection, I would get it checked out to be safe... and I would just have a hot shower even lay down in the shower.... you are still kinda ( for lack of a better word ) open down there.. you don;t want to risk infection!!!. Hope you feel better soon
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 12:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had to get cut down there and I was told that I was suposed to take three baths a day. Just dont put soap or bubbles or nothing in there. But yeah its completely fine as long as you didnt have a csection.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You can take a bath as long as you didn't have a c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You can take a bath, totally.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009