Should I stay with my husband?

I met my husband a little over 2 years ago. I started dating him after a really bad break-up. To make a long story short, I end up getting pregnant and as a result of that we stayed together and got married. I found out that he was unfaithful before the baby was born and decided to let it go because that was before our marriage. but about 6 months ago, I found out he was messing with some girl at his job. They never had sex, but for some reason I have not been able to let this go. I ask him all the time if he feel like I pressured him into this marriage but he says he loves me. It is hard for me to trust him. He is leaving to go into the military in 8 weeks and my heart tells me that the day he leaves, that will be it. He wants me to go where ever he is based but I am afraid I will move far away to find out he has not changed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• id leave, you forgave him once already and he screwed up again so what makes you think it wont happen again.
    Anonymous

• That's a pretty short time to have him already cheat on you twice (and those are just the times you know about!)....Whether or not you leave him is your call but I wouldn't expect his behavior to change.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• A dog is a dog hunny, and you have a child with the man.
    I agree with the person above, you don't want a man like that... You need to be strong and be a good example for your kid you know?

I feel for you and wish there was something I could say but ultimately the decision is yours and the one you make is the one you should stick with... but I doubt he will change...

*hugs*
    Anonymous

• I would leave too.. You can't trust him and its not fair to you that he's going away and your not happy in the first place. If you still loved him and wanted it to work then i would say stay with him but you seem to have made up your mind already!
    Anonymous

• He may love you but it seems painfully obvious he is not ready to settle down and will repeat this behavior over and over.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• me myself i wouldnt stay after the whole employee thing at work.
    but girl its you follow your heart.
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• For the sake of your happiness and sanity, you should leave and not ever look back.
    Anonymous

• The thing is he is a great father, and it weird I say this but he is overall a good man. He takes care of his family, he treats me like a queen, giving me what I want. He just has a major problem with being faithful. Do you think that he can change? It seems like he has, but I am not going to lie, it seemed like he had changed last time. He is like Dr.Jekhel and Mr. Hyde.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm sure he is a good man and father but he can't decide or act like a husband yet in life and that IS a problem. Being faithful is part of marriage unless otherwise discussed (open marriage). Even if he goes away and that makes his heart grow fonder for the time being, you'll wait and wonder if when he returns, he'll cheat again. Maybe he just can't do it and it's up to you to decide if you can accept this about him. Your gut instinct is already yelling at you. I'd really consider your options. If you can leave, I think I would.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My Husband just answered the question for me. He read the question but he doesn't know I wrote it. He said " She is dumb for staying with him" :-(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009