When was your first baby born?

With the first baby did they come out early or late?
Were you induced or was it natural?
Did you have an epidural?

And last but not least.....\
Any advice? I am 32 weeks along this Sunday and would appreciate anything you want to say...

Thank you <33

MommaMajeski

Asked by MommaMajeski at 11:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was a week late. I went in for high blood pressure to the ER because i had been on bed rest. And They ended up inducing me i only dilated to 1 1/2 they wanted to send me home and come back in few days and try again. I refused She was already a week late so i scheduled a C section which went wonderful no complications as all. Had a great recovery.
    Good luck hope you enjoy your bundle of joy!
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My first was born 4 days early and I was induced because of really bad swelling. I used epidural. Good luck with your baby.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My baby was right on-time BECAUSE I was induced, and yes, I had an epidural. I know some mom's think that is REALLY bad and it should be all-natural, but I was scared and living in a new state so I HAD to have my mom there. I say just do whatever you feel is right for you and best for the baby. All that matters in the end is that mom and baby are healthy.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 11:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I had my first baby Aug 22 2003.. he was 5 days late... GRRR lol
    I was induced and went Natural.. I had a very fast labour... just under 3 hrs...
    My advice to you is try to stay Composed and try to learn breathing techniqes.. they really hepl... every time I get a contraction I went in my head ( i know sounds messed up) and breathed really deep and slow... as Long as you stay incontrol of your self ( it may be hard) and DON"T freak out you should be fine try to not get an epidural they slow the birthing process down and your back hurts after!!! Don't listen to the horror stories... you will only have a bad birth if you let it be bad!!
    hope everything is easy for you
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 11:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• My DD came on her due date. My water broke but I wasn't dilating so they added pitocin which is what they use to induce. It took me 5 hours to get to 3 cm before they started my drip. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I then had to have an emergency c-section. I made it to 7 cm w/o an epidural and I would have gone to the end w/o it but I had to have it in order to give birth to a healthy child. I wish you all the luck with you labor and delivery. It will become what you make of it, so think happy thoughts.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I went to 40w, 5d. Water broke on it's own. Had a c-section bc my jaskass of an OB scared me into. It was 100% unnecessary.

Advice: Question. Don't just take someone's word for truth. Even doctors will lie to get their way or for their own convenience sometimes. Take your life into your hands and make informed choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My DD was born 8 days early!! It was natural not induced my water broke a little but had to be broken fully once I got to the hospital they were going to send me home considering I was only dilated to a 3. I went all the way to a 7 but the back labor was killing me so they gave me an epidural the other meds they had given me kicked in so fast and were out the next.. I was in labor for 8 hours and pushed for 10 minutes thats it. The only persin I had with me was my hubby( we were in Hawaii tickets cost too much to get my mom there on time.) I was 19 and it was nothing like I had heard I only managed to go to 4 birthing classes and what little I learned I applied and it was amazing. With my next child I will make sure to take the whole class.
    liltxnchic

Answer by liltxnchic at 12:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My DD was 4 wks early. I was induced due to pre-eclampsia and my daughter was not growing on schedule. I went in on a Monday 12 pm to be induced and had her almost exactly 72 hrs later Wednesday at 11:26 am after 3 hrs of pushing. My water broke on its own and I got an epidural. Even though it did not take in my lower half I am still glad I got it.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughter was born 8 days late and was kind of induced (I say kind of because two doses of cervadil put me into labor and I didn't have to have pitocin. My water even broke on its own). My doctor scheduled me for an induction because I hadn't dilated or effaced at all, and my blood pressure was just below preeclampsia levels. I had an epidural, which actually sped up my labor. My advice is to do what you think is best for you and your baby. Also, if you're at a hospital with jacuzzi tubs, and your water hasn't broken yet, take advantage of the tub. It really helps you deal with contractions.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 1:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had my son on his due date. He was due Nov. 9th. I had went to the dr on the 7th and he said it looked like I would have to be induced the following Monday(i was due on a friday) and so we set up the appt. Woke up the 9th at 2:30am and went to pee and my water broke. 5 minutes later contractions started. Once I got to the hospital they gave me a little pitocin to get my contractions more regular(they were running 7 min. 4 min. 14 min. 2 min....very random). He was born at 405pm after 3 hours of pushing. And yes, I had an epidural and am WAY thankful for it!
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009