starvation and drug abuse while pregnant??

I have a friend who is about 16 weeks preg. (so she says...) She instead of eats smokes weed, or cigerettes...She has been like this before her pregnancy. she has been taking painkillers and smoking weed for a while and smokes 4 packs of cigerettes a day. she is very unhealthy as you can imagine...she has yet to see a DR.
she is too lazy or or something, but we are all getting very worried about her and her possible baby...she recently has had brusing and swelling in her face..What couold that be? Where can i find good info on these kind of situations for her unborn baby? What are the effects of all this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wow if she acts like this while preg shes def an unfit mother id report her to cps when that child is born
    Anonymous

• shes an unfit mother.
    i would report her bottom line....
    smoking 4 packs a cigs a day is ridiculous.
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• you can report her now and i would. they can go to the hospital as soon as the baby is born and will take it from her if it has any drugs in its system. poor kid though it will probably be very unhealthy. and maybe disabled in more than one way if she continues. there is a dr in my town that told woman it was okay to do drugs until they were 8 months along. i knew better and i never went to him. but my sister did. she smoked weed throughout her pregnacy and now her DD has a scar from heart surgery all the way down her chest.
    jody1130

Answer by jody1130 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would call Childrens Aid society (Canada)... or child welfair?
    they do and can help and try to protect the baby after it is born... they will monitor her and when the baby comes out they will make sure she is fit to raise it...
    Also if you really are concerned you should tale to her. and make sure she is doing everything possible to have a Healthy baby.... maybe she doesn't know the effects of what she is doing.... maybe try to educate her...... and if she has a brused up face maybe she is being abused.. I feel for you.. it's tough to see a friend go down a bad path.,.... I'll pray fro her
    Moma_bear

Answer by Moma_bear at 11:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• If she is infact pregnant all you are doing is sitting and watching a mother kill her child. You need to step up and inform someone.
    I don't mean to down you at all so please don't view this as such. I feel strongly for you as well, but this child needs someone to protect it since the mother is not.

I wish you the best of luck...
    MommaMajeski

Answer by MommaMajeski at 12:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i have my own personal opinion on the weed thing...but 4 packs of cigs a day? are you kidding me?!? im am/was a smoker..it took me a long time to cut down but i did it..4 packs, i dont knwo how that baby is breathing...talk about a bad case of asthma when it's born..you need to tell this mother to go to the drs...and you need to report her..if you dont want her to know its you that did it, do it anon..gl..that baby doesnt deserve that.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• are you sure shes starving if shes smoking weed?? weed gives you the munchies..one reason the cancer patients smoke it..to get an appetite.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You can report her, but I doubt anyone will do anything until the kid is born. Once the kid is born he/she will be tested for drugs/alcohol and then taken away. I don't think they will do anything beforehand. It's sad to say, but my friend had a baby addicted to meth and she is fine and even healthy (so far). She also smoked and drank some while pregnant. No one even knew she was pregnant until she called saying she had given birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You can get information on LOTS of websites but you will probably fnd more information by oing to the library and looking up some books of development phychology. This will tell you what she's doing to her baby, and what it can cause.

Many people think that smoking pot will do no harm but there is research to show otherwise. IF her baby makes it she/he will have developmental delays, probably be of low birth weight, possibly have some form of mental retardation (more likely than not to happen), and could have some deformations if she was doing all of this during organogenesis (3-8 weeks pregnant) because this is the largest time of development in the prenatal period where the major organs are developing.

That's not to say that she will not cause damage during the rest of the pregnancy because she will but the time for deformaties are most likely to happen during organoenesis.

CONTACT CPS IMMEDIATELY!! You CAN now!!
    Anonymous