stuff you dont think about when handing a mechanic your keys

Today I was at my local walmart tire and lube express also know as the circus of incompetance. When I needed to give the guy my keys to take my car I just handed him my whole set of keys without thinking. This middle aged woman cam eup to me and said "Sweetheart I just couldn't help but notice that adorable baby you have and also that you handed the guy your entire set of keys. Please don't do taht anymore. They have a key cutting machine as many automotive departments do and a year or so ago a very dishonest mechanic tech copied my house key and broke in since they key that info on file. That baby is just to sweet to have anything bad happen to him" She explained it was a different facility but similair set up that her burglar came form and all I could think of was HOLY COW! I lock my doors but I would have never even though about that. So what are some safety tips you were given that you had never thought about before?

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Health

• YIKES! I am so glad I have my house and car keys on seperate key rings and that I only hand over my car keys! That is just scary. Thank you for the info! I'll remember that.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I never thought about that either I am off work the next 3 days and one of the things I was going to do was take the car in for an oil change thanks for the tip I'll keep that in mind.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yea Parking Lots in NYC are famous for that. Now they have your keys, registration with address and you just told them you'd be back in 6 hours.. They always ask a time frame so they know the best place to put you in the lots.
    Always just leave them the key and alarm.
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009