We just found out from the 11 o'clock news that DH has been laid off!

I'm a SAHM and we rely on his pay to survive. We've had to use all our savings to recover from an unavoidable situation 2 years ago and have not been able to add to savings since seeing as there has been no overtime. I'm stressing a bit now because his unemployment will not cover our monthly bills, let alone our food. We have 3 kids and I can work but am worried that there may be nothing available for me.

Can you ladies give me a boost, maybe a prayer, scripture or any way you've found helped you deal with a similar situation?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• 1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV)
    7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Luke 12:29-31 (New King James Version)
    29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[a] shall be added to you.

Psalm 37:25 (NKJV)

25 I have been young, and now am old;
    Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
    Nor his descendants begging bread.

Philippians 4:19 (NKJV)
    19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Go to Him in all things and trust that He knows what's best for you. To STRESS is not to trust in the Awesome power of Christ. Get on ur knees and ask him for for peace and comfort. Trust Him.

God bless u & urs.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT.....WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND GOD DOESN'T DO THINGS TO PEOPLE UNLESS THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO HANDEL THE SITUATION. BE STRONG!!
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that, but am sure the Lord will provide something for you and your family. Here's a verse that I love to hear, especially in a situation like this
    He will dwell on high; his place of defense will be his fortress of rocks; Bread will be given him, his water will be sure. Isaiah 33:16NKJV
    The Lord will supply His people with food and water, just trust in Him. I'm praying that you or your husband find work soon!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Ok if you have a mortgage you need to notify your bank right away & also if you have credit card debt try to get them to lower your interest rate. Be frugal and possesive of the cash you have available to you. Try to find work anywhere so you don't default on any of your bills as much as you can. Only buy what is absolutely necessary and if your DH can't find work immediately he should file for unemployment in the meantime. There is much competition out there and more Americans unemployed then there are jobs out there right now as I am sure you are aware,but take inventory on your life, re-invent yourselves, be persistent. When one door closes a window opens so view this as an opportunity to rediscover new talents etc. Be well & remember... this too shall pass. Good luck in your DH search for employment. Perhaps if you cannot find work outside the home do some baby sitting, anything just to keep bringing some income
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 12:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• By the way I really like what teasha said but the truth is that it isn't biblical.

on the contrary, Often times things do happen that we can't handle. God allows them to accure in our lives to see where we will go and to remind us we CANT do it on our own.

Philippians 4:13 (New King James Version)
    13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009