Good tofu recipe?

I had a favorite fried tofu dish that was served at a now-defunct Indian restaurant, and I have been trying to re-create it (I'm almost there but need help with the tofu frying aspect...) Does anyone have a suggestion on a way to fry tofu without using a deep fryer? I'd love any suggestions!

Iskkra

Asked by Iskkra at 11:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• my personal thoughts are that "good tofu" are mutually exclusive concepts, BUT...my mom, dad and brothers all love it.

Fry it in peanut oil on each side in a skillet on your stove top. If you have a wok, the flavor will be better, but a skillet will work just as well. Have the oil come up halfway on the tofu cubes/chunks.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I just made this to go with Indian veggies, and it was good! Easy to make too:
    http://www.become-vegetarian.com/indian-curry-recipe.html
    Littlejem

Answer by Littlejem at 10:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• use firm tofu and pat it dry first, then dip in a bit of corn starch to pan fry it crispy
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009