• In the Spotlight:

Freakin out!!!!

Okay so i know the older a baby in utero gets, the less it is suppose to move due to less space. However, my little girl hasn't moved all day, not once. Is this normal or should I be worried???

moms1stprincess

Asked by moms1stprincess at 11:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 11:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would do a fetal kick count. That is an oldwives tale that babies move less as you get further along.

If you need to know how to do a kick count:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/kickcounts.htm
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I would drink some juice and wait about 20 mins. Give the baby a sugar rush and hopefully she will move. If she doesn't then you should call your doc and see what they think. Sometimes they just get a little lazy when there isn't enough room.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Oh, I know how to do a fetal kick count. If she doesn't do like 10 in an hour right?
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 11:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Yeah that is right. Try the juice. That is what I was told by L&D.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• Drink something sweet, wait 20 min., lie on your side in a comfortable position, and see how long it takes to count 10 movements. Should be 10 within 2 hours.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I am the same as you... time wise...

I can feel my baby move but not always... he likes to wake me up in the middle of the night. You said you haven't felt it all day? It could be possible you will be woken up quite rudely tonight... lol. But no seriously... if you are concerned consult your doctor and tell him everything... try to relax because the baby can feel everything you do...

But this is my first baby... I would listen to the women above me who are already mothers and who have been there... if you want you can keep in contact with me!!

Best of luck to you and your baby!!
    MommaMajeski

Answer by MommaMajeski at 12:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• well im not as far along as u but i hardly ever feel my baby move, yet on ultrasound the baby is doing all kinds of acrobatic type stuff but i have no clue..lol
    Carli17

Answer by Carli17 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• its 10 in one hour, not 2
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009