PLEASE HELP! NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR A HONEYBEE COSTUME FOR SCHOOL PLAY....

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas for making a homemade HONEYBEE costume. It's for 1st grade and it's for my son. I have no idea what to get or what to do for it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I can't go out and buy a costume....don't have that much money, but I will go to Joann Fabrics or something or anyplace else that is cheap to get stuff for the costume....just don't have a clue as to what I need. :( And I don't want to be the parent that sent my son in with a yellow T-shirt on and black pants. My son loves theater kind of stuff and he wants to look nice! :) Thank you in advance! Oh and I have like 2 weeks to make it! Lol!

kimbercase26

Asked by kimbercase26 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i wouldn't say a t shirt but an oversized yellow sweater so you could pad it out and make him look rounder, and paint black horizontal stripes on it. and then if he doesn't have to sit down you could even do a stinger with an old birthday party hat painted black and lightly stiched to the hiney. Hope this helps a little.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You could go to Walmart & buy a black sweatshirt & pair of black sweatpants. They sell them in all kinds of colors & are very inexpensive. You could somehow apply strips of yellow fabric or fleece onto the sweatshirt and pants. For antennaes, buy an inexpensive black headband or black winter hat and use yellow pipecleaners as the antennaes. Attach the pipecleaners to the headband & then use 2 small styrofoam balls painted or colored yellow or black to attach to the other end of the pipecleaners. For wings, use some type of mesh fabric or wax paper and attach it to some type of thin wire that you could easily bend into the shape of wings. Use elastic strips from the fabric section of the store to attach the wings. If you get black elastic you could attach straps so that he could wear the wings as he would a backpack.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Take a look at the character in Bee Movie and do your costume like his. All he wears is a yellow turtle neck style sweater that has chunky black stripes (which you could sew on or paint on) then sew in a round pillow for padding, or netting would do. The Bee Movie character has on black converse tennis shoes with yellow laces. That would be cute. Any black tennis shoes with yellow laces...black pants to go with it. Make some little wings and antennas and you're good to go. Go by the character on there. Totally cute and cool for a boy
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2009