Do you use pads or tampons?

So, the other day my mother was cleaning out the house, and found my sisters tampons (she moved out a couple months ago) and asked if I wanted them. I told her no, that I don't use tampons... and she was floored. It got me thinking... am I the minority? I know that lots of women out there use tampons, and I used to when I was in high school, but the idea of having a plug catching blood is gross to me, and the risk of toxic shock (as little as it might be) is frightening. So, do you use tampons or pads?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 12:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• i use tampons... pads to me are like diapers.
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• you know, i used to always use tampons... that was until i had my son, about 2 years ago. i went so long using pads after i had him... i just kind of got used to it. the first time i tried a tampon after the baby, ouch! it hurt (it took me about 6 months to really heal). so now... i pretty much just use pads. they have come a long way since i first used them... forever ago.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i only use pads unless im swimming
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I use tampons.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 12:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I use both. Usually depends on how heavy my flow is. But I prefer tampons. I have a friend who has never used a tampon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i use both. sometimes both at once as backup if its a heavy day. and i only use a pad at night otherwise
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I use tampons during the day and pads at night. To give myself a break.
    JennyMarie

Answer by JennyMarie at 12:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I USE BOTH.
    I USE TAMPONS WHEN IM REAL HEAVY.
    I MIGHT THROW ON A PAD IF IM SCARED
    OF LEAKAGE.
    I ONLY USE PADS WHEN IM REAL LIGHT.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 12:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I only wear Insteads. I cannot tampons and that cottony feel and I don't do pads, cause it feels like a diaper. If you haven't tried Insteads, they are HIGHLY recommended by me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I use tampons. I'll use a pad, too, when it's really heavy, but don't like the feeling of a pad by itself.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009