How often do you bathe your dog?

I have a small dog that is bathed once a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pets

• Not often enough! Right now they are both pretty stinky!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• definitely not often enough, i told her just now she smells like corn chips, i usually take her to petsmart but its been to cold and i dont like getting out in the cold
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• She has prescription shampoo that has to be done once a week.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i have several dogs and we try to bathe them atleast 2 times a month.....our female weenie dog honey likes to rool around in anything dead she can find..and with living in the country its not hard for her to find something... but our rottie Sasha doesnt fit in the tub so i just push her in the pool when i can get her close enough to it.
    mrs_sanders2101

Answer by mrs_sanders2101 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• for dogs that do not have a prescription, they should only be bathed once a month.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• thats funny mrs sanders..lol..push the rott in the pool.lmao
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my golden ret. gets a bath once every couple of months..in the summer i tend to do it more often cuz of the warm weather..but i usually get him bathed professionally, every october (around halloween), then right before christmas, then during spring break(middle of march), then again in beg of june.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Whenever she needs one, but not more than once a month, if I can help it. But with all the snow, she tends to get a little "doggyish" from her visits outside.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 3:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my dogs go to the groomers but they also get shaved its to hard to bath the huskey cause of his fur and to hard to do the small one cause well his small and its been kinda chilly here and it hard for me to bend down. and when they go to the groomers which will be before my baby comes it will be in either late may or early june.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 4:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I wash my dog's feet every day before I brush him, and wipe him down with a damp towel about once a week. In the summer he plays in the sprinkler every day and gets clean that way. He's a year old and we've only had him professionally groomed 3 times. He doesn't have that "doggy" smell. He's short haired but thick, fluffy undercoat. (Corgi.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009