:(

The man that makes me happy, the one I want to really marry is not "perfect".
By not perfect, I mean no college degree.
He is a good guy, loving, fun, thoughtful, but..
He doesn't know what he wants to "be" yet, and all has been doing is working..
Yes, he got his high school diploma but he isn't even considering to even start
college.

I am really, full heartdly in love with him, other than the fact that we might not have a stable marriage because of his "career" in the future.

For as hard (and devistating) as it sounds, Should I just let him go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Why would you let a man go that you love so much? Why is a college degree so important? Mine doesn't have a college degree and we are happy and stable. If you love him and he loves you that is all that is important. I think that it is kind of shallow to contemplate leaving him over a college degree.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i think its kind of selfish and shallow to let a person go because they dont have an education yet. my fiance has an associates degree and cant find work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It would be a mistake to let a man go whom you love as much as you say you do for the the simple reason of money. That is, I'm sorry to say, a very shallow way to view life. If you love eachother, you make it work, that's that. My husband has a GED, no college to speak of, and a job that just barely covers our current expenses, yet we are still working hard to make it work, and it is fine. Yes, it is hard, but I'd rather be poor and in love than rich and miserable. I would think LONG and HARD before throwing away something good because you can't see past the dollar signs.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• seriously? i'm not sure no college degree would be a deal breaker for me.
    if he wasn't sure what he wanted to "be" AND didn't work... that may be a problem

i'm 28, have a college degree from the best school in the country for that profession, i own my own business.... and i'm still not sure what i want to "be" when i grow up.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well theres no jobs in the future, especially if he doesnt go to school. So what should I do? I mean, as we get older, I want kids and a happy family..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• by all means NO!!!!! My husband doesnt have a college degree just his g.e.d and we get by fine! I dont even have my highschool deploma yet ( got pregnant my senior year and had to drop out) i had planned on going back and finishing but i found a GREAT job working at one of our casinos. There are plenty of jobs out there that pay good money with out having to go to college.....He just has to look! Dh does insulation, yea its manual labor but its good pay and it pays the bills.
    mrs_sanders2101

Answer by mrs_sanders2101 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• just because a person has a degree doesnt mean financial security there are tons of educated people out of work in this economy theres no certainty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You need to decide, then, whether he is worth YOU having to work hard and maybe struggle a little. But just because someone goes to school does NOT guarantee them a job in the future. I know plenty of BA recipients waiting tables right now. But if you expect to just be "taken care of" by a man and not have to worry about money, then this guy isn't for you, obviously.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think love is more important than his education status. A long as you guys have love, you can make the rest work!
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 12:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Please tell me how I can get him to go to college? Or try to be something than just own a store (the economy is so bad) !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009