Bride Vs. Bridesmaids...?

Am I the only one who hates when brides dont want their bridesmaids to "look as good as them" but really they mean they dont want them to look good. Two of my cousins had "big" weddings and they were nice but the bridesmaids hair looks like everyday hair...WTF?? I know they aren't supposed to look as good or better than the bride, but dont you think they should at least get to look nice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I never told my bridesmaids what to do with their hair.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i know brides like the get on my nerve

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah, they should definitely look really good. I had my bridesmaids pick out their own dresses so they all felt comfortable, they just had to be the same color. They need to feel pretty too!
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i chose a style that was pretty universal and we had them made so they fit everygirl so no one had to have them altered, but i let the girls choose they're hair style and make up and jewelry, i just said, please have the hair out of your face. my friends wedding i was in was beautiful and the dresses were nice but the hair was hidious and she wanted all of us to wear the same exact colors on makeup. some of us were pale with blue eyes, some were tan with blue eyes, and one chick was real dark complected with dark eyes and blonde hair so the makeup thing didn't work out how she wanted. But we all looked ok in the end.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It is generally considered impolite to tell the bridesmaids what they should do with their hair UNLESS the bride is paying for it (or unless the girls are willing). The dress, possibly the shoes (just the color, again, unless the bride is paying for it) are the only things the bride can really request of the bridesmaids. It is possible that the girls couldn't afford up-dos or that is what the bridesmaids themselves prefered. My parents paid for over 50% of the cost of each girl's dress so when I asked the girls all to get up-dos they were willing :-)

I don't believe that the BMs should be made to be "ugly" to "enhance" the bride. I think the BMs are a REFELCTION of the bride and her wedding. If they look bad, everyone else looks bad too. I let my BMs look as good as they wanted. They each picked a dress that they loved and fit their body type (all from the same cut and dye of fabric). It was lovely.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Well i don't know why anyone would want their bridesmaids to look bad coz everyone knows..............no matter what the bridesmaid are wearing or how they look the bride always gets the most kisses!!! And no matter the colour of the wedding dress the bride always looks the best. My bridemaids chose their own hairstyle and dress but it just had to be the same colour and i jokingly told them that nomatter how good they looked i was the one getting hitched!!!
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 6:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I didn't tell my bridesmaids how to do their hair, I left it up to them. They were paying for it, I wasn't, so why would I tell him how to look?
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2009