Plantar warts? Kind of gross.

So, I am pregnant and had my ob/gyn take a look at my wart on my heel and he says it is a plantar wart. Are they supposed to have little black things in them? I just took a bath and soaked and noticed little black things in the wart that I had not before. Is that normal?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• I used to get planters warts alot, i was a dancer and alot of us got them. I was told that the little black thing is kinda like the seed or the core and it basically keeps the wart there. If you can stand the pain to dig down to the black thing, pull it out. Pull it all out, normally it will come out as one chunk but sometimes it comes apart. But if you get all the black thing out, the rest of the dry crud around it will go away as well and will stay away, until you get one later in life, probably in a different spot though.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes...I got so sick of mine I literally sat there and DUG with toenails clippers (hurt like a B*TCH) but when I saw a lil black thing big enough to grab I pulled the sucker out with tweezers...It was nasty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• What do they look like when you pull them out? Did the wart go away after?
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Mine was like a HUGE black ball with tons of thin "roots" lol. like tree roots. Mine hasnt come back and its been YEARS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had a plantar wart, but I had it removed by the dermatologist those suckers hurt sooooo damn bad!the black thing is normal though so don't worry about it!I remember after i actually had those frozen off i picked the wart out and there was a huge HOLE in my foot where it was..it was crazy..

I also know someone where hers got so bad the root went to her bone and she needed surgery..those warts are crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!@
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yea my brother and dad had one they used this salacylic acid treatment and duct tape and they went away
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• SCARY! We won't have insurance after the baby for me so I have been looking at the over the counter stuff. Did any of you try it? What worked for you?
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• no over the counter wart treatment worked on mine, but the salacylic acid treatment and duct tape thing may be a good at home rememdy. I've never heard of it, but probably less painful than digging it out.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009