Diapers?

Does any one else have problems with the cheap diapers? I try to save money and bought parents choice(walmart brand) and my son peed right through every one. And then I got the white cloud ones and they look like they cut into him cuz the straps are so thick and dont stretch, that and I woke up this morning and him and his sheet was soaked. So just wondering what luck everyone else has had with them? And why they seem to fit so much smaller than huggies?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 1:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried them both...hated them. I am getting cloth for my next lol. But I really liked luvs brand or the costco brand if you have one near...they are very cheap but work great
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i know they are expesiv ebut i use pampers and love them
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had the same problem with parents choice (walmart brand) My daughter soaked right threw them also. And yes the white cloud also appeared to me like they were small..... so even though the huggies are more expensive I chose to stick with them cuz the quality and they fit my baby so much better. But I do get mine at costco also which for like 30 dollars I get like 250 diapers
    alyssamommy08

Answer by alyssamommy08 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I didnt like the Coscto Kirklnad Signature diapers, but my daughter has been using the Target store brand diapers for about 3 months now with no problems. They DO leak just a little more than the Pampers we were using, but the price difference is so much better, I just make sure to change her a little more often.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 3:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I used to use generic diapers because I had two in diapers and one in pull ups (they weren't all my babies lol.. I was raising my niece at the time).. and I've found that generic diapers (and especially the pull ups) STINK when wet. They leak if your child has loose bowels, and if your child has sensitive skin, they can cause a rash (I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of absorbency, or the poor quality of the diapers). Now that I have just one in diapers, I use Huggies.

prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 3:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I find the same thing as prinzesstephi, the generic diapy STINK!!! and cause a rash.
    mersieme

Answer by mersieme at 5:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I refuse to use anything but Pampers/Huggies. My son leaked through the generic diapers from day one. Plus he would get rash from them. Not to mention, some of them seem to cut into his legs and waist because they aren't as flexible. To me, my baby's comfort is well worth forking over the extra money. Apply on the huggies/pampers website for coupons if that would help. I do keep the generic diapers on hand (I got bunch from friends, family, and baby shower) in case I run out and don't have the money to run out and buy the good stuff. If I use those, I make sure to use diaper rash cream and change often. Yes, the generic diapers tend to stink, or make the pee smell really strong!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 5:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Luvs is pretty good, though. It is like a cheap version of pampers. The fabric feels a bit rough, but it works just as well. Or almost as well.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 5:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We always used Parents Choice and the only time we had leaks with our boys it was because we needed to go up a size.

We use Luvs now, because I've been able to find them on sale and with coupons for cheaper than Walmart's brand.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I use cloth most of the time, and that's a big money saver. I do often use a disposable at night, and I use a brand that I found at Big Lots, "Comfees". They cost 3.33 a package. I've had no leakage issues and they hold all night long. Look into cloth though, you might be surprised.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009