colostrum question pleaseeee no bashing! this is a serious question not kidding

is there any benefit from tasting my own colostrum? lol i know it may sound weird but i mean i tasted it and sometimes is salty or it could be sweet, but the thing is am i getting my baby the vitamins that colostrum has while baby is in the womb by tasting it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In a word, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ok i am gonna have balls and not go anon,i tasted my boob milk when i was pregnant and threw up lol but my hubby loves it he would ask if i could breast feed him and during our mommy daddy time alone i know he sucks on them more just to get the milk but i know a lot of guys who love breast milk..
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm sure you would get SOMETHING from the colostrum, but not enough to really benefit from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I dunno about the nutritional benefits of you eating your own colostrum, but I tasted mine...I think most women do...they taste both their colostrum and their breast milk...no one talks about it but most people do it...out of curiousity if nothing else. I wouldn't feel ashamed of it. Do what feels natural to you, and remember that your body will keep up with the demand (as in, if you need more colostrum, your body will produce more) so no worries about "stealing" it from your baby!
    NikiDeaf

Answer by NikiDeaf at 2:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Can i say LOL? Great question!! ppl. do not talk about it. I dont think there is a risk to your baby and your body will produce as much as it needs for the baby.
    mersieme

Answer by mersieme at 5:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• *Smiles*

There is no such thing as an akward question when it comes to pregnancy hunny. I have tated my own milk as well, and though I don't know if you can get any benefits... I do believe if the baby can recieve nutrients... possibly your significant other and you can recieve something small from it... my hubby likes it... Lol.
    MommaMajeski

Answer by MommaMajeski at 12:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2009