How many of us are SO closed minded?

I took this statement from another post:

I think that if you chose to be gay that is your preference, but don't bring innocent children into that type of situation. It is not fair to them and I don't think it is healthy. If god meant for the same sex to produce children it would be that way, but it is not.

It disgusts me. Am I the only one? I am not gay, but why are people so close minded? Does this mean that any woman that is not fertile, that God decided she wasn't worthy of procreation? If an man is sterile, is it that God decided he should not be able to create life beyond himself? I am disgusted by people who try to fit ALL OF US into this cookie cutter of a life. This is not how life works for ANY of us. I am praying that I am not the only one who feels this way.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am Catholic and even our church says to love EVERYONE! I love my gay friends. I believe that a child is better off with 2 GOOD parents or 1 GOOD parent that will devote their life to them (me). Did you notice I never mentioned sexuality? I wish society and religion would wake up and smell the fostercare system!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would also like to add that no one chooses to be gay, that is how they are created!!!  NO one chooses to be allergic to peanuts, THAT is how they are created.  If you're going to use God's name, at least capitalize it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• after I was doing LOLing about capitalizing God...heck even I know that's just proper and I'm an Atheist...

Yeah I'm not a big fan of close minded people. Then on top of that they want to tell me that God who from my understanding loves his creations, hates this certain group of people. Reminds me a lot of those folks who used the Bible (another capital people) to defend slavery and the Holocaust.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• a lot of people are (so close minded that is)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• After saying that, I realized by comparing homosexuality to an allergy to peanuts, makes it seem like something that is bad. It is not. We are all created differently, but we all should be treated as equals.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Eh...I don't think it's that bad. My friend has used so pretty awkward analogies when people start crap about him being homosexual. I think he's already pointed to me and said "well she didn't choose to be Lactose Intolerant neither"
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You're right onetoughmami!!! People use the bible to back the most HEINOUS crimes!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• .....and beliefs
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i look at it like this there are a lot of children that are up for adoption that dont get picked for this reason or that reason and the ones that are same sex couples will come along and take the picked over children and care for them and love them as if they was there own because other ppl wouldnt i know personally some same sex couples who adopted handicapped and mentally disabled babies and children that no one else wanted because of there abnormalities but they didnt see the flaws of these children they simply see a child who needs and deserves a loving family and they gave it to them i feel same sex couples are just like regular man and woman couple they want a child to love and care just because they are gay dosent mean they should not have children...

sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree Sauna, completely. A loving couple who can't have children of their own, doesn't mean that they don't deserve a child. Whether it is a heterosexual couple with fertility issues or a homosexual couple, a child will be lucky to have a set of parents that worked so hard to have him/her in their lives.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2009