how do I deal with my mother-in-law and hormonal swings at the same time?

Hi, I've been kinda depressed since my hubby is currently out of a job and we've had to move in with my in-laws. In addition to all the criticism I've had to endure about my parenting skills (hey, I'm new at this!) I'm also pregnant with our 2nd, and since I'm close to my due date I'm starting to feel the nesting urge. The thing is, I don't feel comfortable asking my mother-in-law if I can paint the nursery or make any radical decorating changes to the room that's been assigned the "nursery." It's not MY home, after all. But I really, REALLY want to paint and put up decorations as per the theme I want...help? Any suggestions?

NikiDeaf

Asked by NikiDeaf at 1:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If the room is assigned as the nursery, just ask.
    Paint the nursery a pretty neutral color so when you do leave and take all the decorations out, it won't be so drastic. You'll be giving mil a nice, fresh room. It'll be one less job your mil will have to do.
    I'm sorry to hear about your hubby. My husband got laid off for 3 months. He just got his job back and I can understand the problems. I wish for your family that hubby gets another job soon.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Have your husband ask you mil if you can paint and decorate how you would like, also I agree paint a neutral color. My hubby has been out of work for along time and I feel like his parents now own us since they have helped with our bills and house payment so I completely understand how you feel, just speak up after all you live there to for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yea I totally understand how you feel, I had to live with my mil for a year before I just couldn't take it anymore. I would just have your hubby ask if you can paint it, I always had my husband ask stuff for me lol. I also agree with the other girls paint it a neutral color. Good Luck!
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009