Why do they ask "where the child was conceived?" on applications for welfare.

N8tiveIna

Asked by N8tiveIna at 2:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• That's weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah, that is quite stupid. I was 18 when I had my first son and got assistance for a few months and that question threw me for a loop. I asked the lady why the hell did it matter? Apparently they want it for future uses....like if the dad disputes he's the father. They already have the moms side of the story. Like if they're getting ready for a court battle or something.
    I still think it's stupid. But when I told the woman she about fell out of her chair.......lmao
    Hey, don't ask if you don't want to hear the truth...lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Bc if the child was conceived in another state then the other state or city might have jurisdiction so they can deny you benefits if you are applying in the wrong place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• idk weird
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 2:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• When that question was asked to me- it was NOT which state the child was conceived in. It was WHERE do you believe you were when your child was conceived?
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Do you mean they want to know if it was your house or his? Or which state? Personally if asked that question I would go all out "ummmm lets see, we skipped school, went to his house, his room (or maybe the shower)......" I mean really why does it matter, you have a kid, what are they gonna do say no we wont help if you refuse to answer? (sorry I little peeved at the ISD right now)
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 4:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i thought it was state... I was in southern california trying to get medical for my son in Loma Linda's NICU and couldn't believe my eyes!
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 4:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• They dont have this question on the apps here (MN) but if they did i would TOTALLY be a smartass and ut somethng like : " "in the back of YOUR husbands car" haha.. really it is NONE of their business exactly where it happened (the sate i can understand) but honestly.. why should that much info matter for assitance... geez a bit personal huh
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. i have fun with this question every time I see it. I told one lady it was in a bar bathroom. ha ha ha ha ha... she was not amused, but I thought it was funny. They asked WHERE I was, not What state I was in. I was like are you serious? Like I am supposed to recall every time I had sex and remember where I was. Geeze.
    lilmama5268

Answer by lilmama5268 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I never saw that question before.....Oh the fun we could have with that.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2009