what does everyone think of this?

The vast majority of Americans, 84%, think the current economic conditions were inherited and not caused by President Barack Obama, according to the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll to be released today.

Further, the majority of respondents don’t believe Obama will be viewed as responsible for the economy’s state until much later in his term. Asked at what point Obama will be “mostly responsible for the country’s economic conditions,” 25% said in one to two years, 18% said in two to three years, and 23% said in more than three years.

Just 2% said Obama would shoulder the responsibility in his first six months in office, and 13% said in the first year.

For the full poll results, check back at WSJ.com at 6:30 p.m. EST.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY CUZ THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON HERE DON'T AGREE AND I WAS STARTING TO GET SCARED THAT IT WAS EVERYONE NOT, JUST THE PEOPLE ON HERE! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't think very many people blame Obama for starting the recession. However I do think a lot of people (probably the majority??) think that he is taking us further along the course at an alarming rate.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• First of all: its so easy to use that old excuse he inherited this debt,BUT,by trying to be the saviour of us all,he is getting us back in even more debt than before. Amazing. This man is going to cause many more issues with his attitude and most of his followers are too naive and stupid to see it. So I suppose i agree with the 2%,because decisions he's making now are going to affect the American people fairly quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• He is taking a bad situation and is making it SO MUCH WORSE....everyday the stock market hemorrhages after he does another stupid thing.... we are screwed.

misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Polls can be made to produce whatever results the pollster wants, depending on how the pollster words the question.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Oh, Grace, that's a reach even for you.

How could he possibly be responsible for our current economic conditions? Please, I would love to hear how anyone might rationalize that.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 7:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Who did they poll? If this were a Rasmussen, Reuters, or Gallup poll I might be more inclined to consider data. I also think over time when people see that the ratio of jobs "saved"(higher) vs jobs "created" from his stimulus are not helping the economy~opinions will change.
    I still agree with the CBO report that states that we would possibly have more gain if we(a nation) had done nothing. Obama, Pelosi, and Ried are feeding off of fear to push their liberal agenda. jmho
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

I concur. He didn't start the recession, though as a Senator, he does bear some responsibility. Things began turning in 2007. But, the direction he is trying to steer us is doing more damage than good, and for that, he is responsible.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• May-20: But, the direction he is trying to steer us is doing more damage than good, and for that, he is responsible.

good

very well said

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• How could he be blamed? This was going on before he even came into office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2009