Can someone please help.. My 11 year old daughter is so moody. Sometimmes she is so sweet, other times she is unbearable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yup. 3 girls...been there, done that. 11 is about the right age to become moody. Hormones. And it lasts for years. Just make sure there isn't an underlying cause for her moodiness such as problems at school, etc. Once you've done that, and if her behavior isn't severe, just consider it normal.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i agree with flymom07~ its the age and unfourtully there also getting there peroids earlyer. my sd is 10 and has one. my dd age 11 hasent yet but she now gets cramps. she also stomps around more when shes mad and has a mouth thankuly shes learned to mumble lol. its the age and im sure it will get worst the older they get. good luck xoxo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yup 3 girls also.its that fun time.have a chat.all will be good.
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• NORMAL!!!!! I have two daughters too, It drives me nuts as I am 50!!! talk about a hormonal household!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I know where you are coming from. I have an 11 yr old and sometimes I think she has a complete seperate personality. Just let her know she can always talk to you about anything and hang in there it has to get better.
    krisieb

Answer by krisieb at 3:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• hormone can be such a P.I.T.A!!!! especially when you're a little girl who has no idea why she's feeling so conflicted.. she's hitting puberty mom- it stinks, but its a reality... just think about how you feel when you're PMSing and give her a little space. i'm not condoning bad bahavior, but i remember what it was like, and that all i wanted was a little respect, a little privacy, and a little time to figure things out.
    FYI, i got my first period when i was 10... so she's right in that time slot, if she hasn't already, i would be looking for it to happen sooner rather than later.
    good luck! don't strangle her or anything. i know the conflicts are hard, i'm not looking forward to that with my DD, but thankfully she's only 8 at the moment, so i have a little time. i hope. LOL
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Wow I remember when I started my period... LOL! So I tried to mentally prepare myself for the future. My daughter will be 13 and when she started getting extra moody, a couple of years ago, everybody noticed. She can still be so sweet most of the time. All I can do is try keep a healthy diet and keep my own attitude in check.
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 7:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Have fun!!! She has a good 6 years left of it!!! If you're lucky. Now you can check into it and see if you can have her frozen and then brought back to life when they find a cure for puberty and PMS and teenagerism...you know, like Walt Disney had himself frozen?! But when I checked into it a few years ago, it was illegal. : ) Good luck!!!

P.S. Let ME know if laws have changed!!!
    graciesmom164

Answer by graciesmom164 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• from personal experience about a full year before my daughter started her period every month she went through the hormone changes and was unbearable. I really don't ever recall being that moody ever rolling eyes. I think she;'s just PMSing and it's natural.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2009

• I have 4 younger sisters and we were ALL that way, even myself. My younger sisters would roll their eyes for EVERYTHING that my mom, stepmom, and dad would say, and were once so helpful and happy. Next they would be moody and fighting with eachother and our younger brothers. You should talk to her about puberty and whats ahead. shell most likely roll her eyes, but shell be grateful that you talked to her about it later on, and so will you (youll know that you gave her the right info on it all, not someone else). And you never know, it might bring you closer :)
    lovelymommy2009

Answer by lovelymommy2009 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2009