Chicken Pox

My son has red dots all over is body, legs, stomach, arms, face but not on his back. Could this be chicken pox and should I take him to the doctor?

determind

Asked by determind at 7:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Google it for pics and call the pedi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yeah its prob the chicken pox...how old is he?? He could also be allergic to something he ate or something. Call his doctor ASAP!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• He is 8
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would say he has Chicken Pox ... are they itchy? I remember itching them constantly and my mom yelling at me, LOL. Call your ped and get him in so they can verify for you.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Take him in. Let the doctor see it and decide. Whatever it is, the doctor needs to know that is is currently going around.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Didn't he get the chicken pox vaccine?
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• The vaccines are not 100% mazonmom and in my opinion the chicken pox vaccine is one of the most useless ones around.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• There is a lot of this going around in my children's school and my friend's daughter has the same thing. Their dr. said that hers was caused by a virus. Sometimes a rash can occur with viruses. Her culture results came back a few days later as her having MRSA...idk much about it but I am in the researching process....her red bumps would not itch really, which I too can remember tagging along with chkn px. It looks similar to a pimple but all red and no white head. Later it would puss and scab over.

Good luck ;) I'd contact the doc right away. Could be something minor and could be something major?
    mommyd23

Answer by mommyd23 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah, there hasn't been any notices sent home from school regarding a chkn px exposure so could all be that MRSA
    mommyd23

Answer by mommyd23 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009