How do I get my 9 yr old son to stop being such a mommas boy?

Dont get me wrong I love cuddling with my son and all, but when is enough, enough already? (Please dont answer annomyus, i really like to see who is answering my questions and maybe be able to reply to them directly, Thanks)

RJSMOMMA

Asked by RJSMOMMA at 7:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I wouldn't try. Soak it up because when he is older he is going to think it's gross to even give you a hug or kiss and they do grow up so fast.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with christine...enjoy it now, because when he stops, you "will" miss it. My son is 10 and has been especially affectionate lately. I tell him "Wow, thanks for the free hugs!" Personally, I sometimes forget how young my children are. 9 is still just a little boy. You're lucky...enjoy it!
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I miss the cuddly years too!!! Enjoy it while you can!!! when he is 15 and still wants to cuddle all the time THEN you worry!!!LOL
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Oh please don't try & stop him soak it up! video it anything! My "boys" are 26 & 18 the only hug I get is when money is handed over or on mothers day or my birthday! If you stop this YOU WILL REGRET IT!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Awe, I can only hope my one year old will still be a Momma's Boy in 8 years! ;)

Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 3:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Do you mean your son never wants to do anything independently, he just always wants to be with you?
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 7:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Enjoy it while he's still little. One day he won't want cuddle anymore. My son is 5 years old and a momma's boy! I am enjoying the cuddling while he's still so young because I know one day he won't want to anymore and I will miss them days.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My son is 9 and is not a "momma's boy" but he does still hug me every day when I pick him up from school and he will cuddle with me sometimes before bed. I love it and will be very sad when those days are gone and he is embarrassed to show me affection if his friends are around, or just doesn't want to cuddle with me anymore...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009