does the bible say anything about homosexuality?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Homosexual behavior is always discussed in the Bible as a serious sin.The Bible contains 9 specific references to homosexuality: 4 in the Old Testament (Genesis 19:1-25; Judges 19:22-30; Leviticus 18:22; and Leviticus 20:13) and 5 in the New Testament (Romans 1:24-28; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; 2 Peter 2:6-10; and Jude 7). The passage in Romans, in particular is so clear that it seems to have been written by Paul knowing that people would challenge the idea that homosexual behavior is wrong. In addition, there are numerous other passages that touch on this topic indirectly through comments on the biblical view of marriage and family, promiscuity, and sexual purity. Included in these references are Genesis 2:18-25; Proverbs 18:22; Mark 7:21, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5; Romans 6:13, 13:13; 1 Corinthians 6:13, 18-19; Galatians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:5; God is very clear in stating his opinion of homosexuality.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I do not have it right in front of me but it does say in the Old Testament that a man shall not lay down with another man, and woman not with woman. I remember it from a Bible study I went to. I just saying what it says I'm not voicing an opinion either way guys.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes, it does. In Leviticus 20:13 it says "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads". Pretty cut and dry. No miscommunications there. God detests homosexuality. He created Adam and EVE,not Adam and STEVE! Of course He loves the person, He just hates the sin, like any other sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• yes it does.it is among the many,many,many things that the bible says are wrong,but you know we tend to take some and leave some.it is sad when people use the bible as a reason to hate or discriminate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It's also sad when people can't see what's written right in front of their faces. They choose to close their eyes, because what the Bible says is too real! So, in order to stay in their sin,and not deal with what God wants them to do, they choose to say others "use the Bible as a tool to discriminate." Which is a cop-out. But, if that's the only way to justify their sin,then I guess that's what they will continue to do. Sad, and tragic, but oh well,that's between them and God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Blessedmommy64, I agree with you completely! God bless you.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• what is also between you and god is you judging people,isnt it in your bible that you should not?you are probarbly going to lie[a sin]and say you dont judge.good for you if you can faithfully stick to every rule in the bible,many cant.or are other sins bigger and 'sinnier' than others?throw the first stone,you without sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Answered at 8:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 by: Anonymous
    yes it does.it is among the many,many,many things that the bible says are wrong,but you know we tend to take some and leave some.it is sad when people use the bible as a reason to hate or discriminate.

Anon 8:32 Your statement makes no sense. Why should we tolerate something that is an abomination to God? Just because someone lives by the Bible, doesn't make them a hater. If something is wrong, it's wrong. To me it's more sad when people see in the Bible that certain things are a sin and they ignore it, excuse it and water it down, then criticise Christians because they take the Bible seriously and try to live a righteous life, according to what it says.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree 100% w/ ALL of what BlessedMommy64 wrote. Being a Lesbian/Gay is an abomination to the Lord and the references she gave for the Old Testatment and New Testament are good ones, and certainly truthful!
    Anon: There is a "righteous judgement". Let's do a little bit of research before anyone starts throwing around "don't judge, throw the first stone" etc. Anyways, not judging is against everything in this society anyways. I mean, look at a JUDGE in a court. Is he/she "judging" when he sets a verdict out for a murderer etc.? No, he is giving a righteous judgement, this person is guilty of this crime. Just like a Lesibian/Gay person is guilty before God of their sin. However, God loves the person, hates the sin!
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 8:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• "In addition, there are numerous other passages that touch on this topic indirectly through comments on the biblical view of marriage and family, promiscuity, and sexual purity. "

Get a grip people. If this is true, why is everyone so happy to forgive those that have sex before marriage, a child out of wedlock or get divorced?? Shoot, we forgive cheaters no problem! For those sins its ok, God will forgive you, but not if you're gay? Please. Point that finger at yourself and enough with the judging, who are you to judge someone else's "sin" ????? My sin is ok, but yours isn't, nah nah nah nah nah nah....really people. Take off the blinders already!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2009