Breastfeeding and driving at the same time!@#$

So I am listening to the news on the radio the other day, an Ohio woman was pulled over for breastfeeding her infant and talking on the cell phone at the same time. I listened to the phone call to the police, the guy is reporting that the baby is up on the steering wheel, you can tell he's just shocked. The mother's response,"The baby was hungry that day, so I fed my child" She ended up getting a ticket for child endangerment and no carseat. Of course I'm not too happy that she compromised her child's safety for convenience but it sure makes for a crazy story. Didn't she learn from Britney Spears? How the hell did she hold her phone? I can't do that at all when I'm driving! I love hearing you ladies thoughts on these kinda things so have at it!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think the woman is stupid and if she doesn't see a problem with it then she should have her baby taken away.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Although I breastfed on demand-wherever, whenever....I never did it while driving. I would just make it home or to our destination as quickly as I could so he could eat. I always made sure he was full before we left & would never let him get to a hysterical screaming point. I don't think you should pull them out of the carseat & put them in front of the airbag. Yikes! Hopefully she'll just pull into a parking lot next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Oh yeah, she had like five other kids that she was dropping off at school that day!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• hahaha.. ive done that before... PULLED OVER ATLEAST!!.. crazy ppl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• This lady is crazy!!!! i'M AT A LOST FOR WORDS.
    LND

Answer by LND at 10:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I am astonished. Just astonished. I hope they take her license to drive, report her to SS/DHR and maybe take her kids. Maybe she is unbalanced.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• thats the kinds sh*t that give breastfeeding a bad name... i've pulled over and just gotten in the backseat with the baby to nurse him.... come on lady, have some common sense!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That's crazy. I've had to pull over.
    sgrbear

Answer by sgrbear at 12:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2009