Pimple, blocked milk duct, what?! on areola...TMI

My son is 4 1/2 weeks old and is bottle fed (I don't make milk...at 2 weeks out I was getting 3 oz. a day so we made the decision to switch).

Last night I noticed a bump beneath my nipple that looked like a pimple. I squeezed (a no-no I'm sure) and white stuff came out -- looked like milk. I put a hot compress on it for about 5 minutes and it did soften up, but when I woke up this morning it was harder again and I could see there was more white stuff inside.

I go for my postpartum checkup Monday...I was just wondering if this is cause for alarm or if it's just something common with boobs & milk after pregnancy - even though I'm not nursing.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same thing The DR. said it was milk.
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I really dont know... But I think it's prob. just a pimple... I have lots now that I am 5 weeks PP. It's a H thing... Ask about it just to be sure though :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Hmmmm you don't make milk, but you think milk came out? Pumping 3 oz is a great amount, your baby was likely getting plenty at the breast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have those, they are like little whitehead/pimple things, the white stuff is like oils from the skin and stuff. OP you totally don't have to defend your choice to not nurse your child.... ANON get a life.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Thanks amber & mikey...I appreciate your help! Yeah, I expected people to post about me not breastfeeding - typical. I just ignore it. I'll keep an eye on this weirdness but I'll wait to ask the doctor about it till my appt. on Monday. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2009