whats going on?

My 8 month old refuses to sleep at night! She used to be a wonderful sleeper 10-11 hours a night now at 330 am and 530 she wakes up (no mattter what time she is put to bed) it seems like she is trying to get comfy but also is trying to party and sit up and play!! I co-sleep and i try putting her in her pack n play, ya know give her her own space but then she screams i let it go for a few min then try again and the cycle continues!! I try feeding, soothing, giving her a massage nothing works!!! I try ignoring her so she will get bored but she doesnt give up lol she treats me like a jungle gym until i give up and move!! What the heck can i do here! Also her first tooth finally broke through and it appears the second is doing the same could that be it, shes not miserable at night i mean fussy cause shes tired but i dont know how to help her..plaese help! I know i signed up for no sleep but come on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are best to not play with her, you are then teaching her it can be play time in the middle of the night. If she isn't really fussy then it prolly isn't due to teething. I would ignore her, it will be tough, but in the long run worth it. Does she go back to sleep after playing for a bit? Then she may not need as much sleep anymore. I would try putting her to bed later and see if less sleep at night helps. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• put something on her gums anyway she may be agravated by them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Is she doing new things recently? Crawling, pulling up to standing, etc? Sometimes those types of things can cause sleep disturbances. You're best to just be consistent about not playing with her and ride it out...like most things, it should pass.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2009