LMP/Due Date question

I'm 29 weeks pregnant and I don't know WHY I am just now wondering about this BUT my LMP was August 18th and according to that my due date would be May 25th. However, my due date is May 16th and has been confirmed with two ultrasounds. I'm just curious how there could be a weeks difference between my LMP due date and my actual due date? Did I get pregnant shortly after my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is possible...Every woman is different and ovulates at different times. Ultrasound due dates can be off by 2 weeks either way too. That is why it is an estimated due date.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That isnt enough of a difference to mean anything....so I wouldn't worry about it. They are all estimates.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• hmmm that is a bit odd my lmp was august 9th and my due date is also may16 i would talk too your doctor and ask him or her about it i know when i got my ultra sound they said it looked like she was 6days a head in her weight size but nothing too worry about and that they was just going to leave my due date the same but she could come two weeks before or two weeks after that
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i dont really understand it either. my lmp was due august 9th but was 9 days late and didnt come until the 18th. the only explanation is that i got pregnant right after my period. i dont think that my due date is off since it has been confirmed with two ultrasounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2009