Spin off from earlier question: someone asked about dogs, now, does your CAT sleep with you?

Does she get in bed with you before you go to sleep or sometime during the night? Does she sleep under the covers or out on top? Is she just there when you wake up and you don't know when she got there? Does she wake you up in the morning? What does she do to wake you up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I have one cat that must feel like it's his personal mission to be in bed if there's at least one other person in there. He follows me down to bed in the evening and if someone is sick in bed he'll stay there most of the day. He sleeps on top of the covers and snuggles in as much as he can.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 8:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I allow my dog to sleep with me at night, he sleeps at the foot of the bed (I have a Shih Tzu). My Basset Hound is NOT allowed in my bed, he sheds too bad. The cat isn't even allowed in my bedroom, my bedroom door is always kept closed to keep the animals out of there even at night when I'm sleeping.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 8:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My cat does. I began knitting a blanket, and before I could finish, he'd claimed it as his own. That finished blanket now lays on the end of my bed and is his personal spot. He wakes me up every morning about an hour before my alarm clock is set to go off by meowing. If I ignore him, he will lay on me. If I continue to ignore him, he'll claw me lightly on the foot or head to get my attention.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My cat gets in bed after she's sure everybody else is in bed for the night, then she snuggles down in the space between our two pillows, She won't stay in the bed if you cover her up, she has to be on top. She wakes us up in the morning doing a song and dance routine, and trying to pry my mouth open and play dentist. I wouldn't mind so much, except I know where her feet have been, and don't want them in my mouth!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My Gizmo sleeps at the foot of my bed everynight. However, my Spooky, sleeps on my head. Yes I said ON my head. He drapes his body over it ( I sleep on my side, so I can breathe) and sleeps there. At first I freaked out a bit but now I find it comforting. He doesn't stay there all night, when I get up I usually find him between my feet.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My cat sleeps on my legs. I use an electric blanket in the winter to warm the bed before I get in, and the cat loves it. At first I would try to not disturb him by changing position. But he doesn't care, if I shift around he just resettles. My son just adopted a kitten who comes up under the blankets between them and sleeps with his head on the pillow. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 4:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The boy sleeps at my feet. The girl sleeps up toward my body. Sometimes she is stretched out along side of me. She licks my face when she thinks I need to get up. If I hide my face, she sticks her paw under my chin and tries to pull it up. they both sleep ontop of the blanket.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2009