My 10 month old daughter has a fever of 101- 102 but doesn't act sick. Could she be teething or something else?

Willow, my baby girl is 10 months old and already has 6 teeth cut. She had a very hard time with all of them. However she never had a fever as high as 101 - 102. She doesn't really act sick but is chewing on everything and drooling a little. Could this just be teething or maybe it's something else? Pleae help.

medusahead

Asked by medusahead at 7:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I"m guessing that it might be the teething...Call her doctor and ask what you should give for her fever..or just give her some infants Tylenol..if her fever doesn't go away.. you should take her to the doctor or to the emergency room just to have her checked out to make sure its nothing serious..Good luck and god bless..Hope the little one feels better.

shareemonique

Answer by shareemonique at 7:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2008

• It could be teething. My son had one of 103 and never seemed sick. She is a good baby. You are lucky. Keep an eye on it and see what her doctor says is safe to give her. Kids can take pretty high fevers.
    Growing

Answer by Growing at 8:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2008

• I saw a girl @ our pediatrician's office Wednesday who had her 6 month old daughter there... She was running a little fever like that & not really fussing or anything, but she brought her in just to be sure she was ok... It turned out that the poor baby had a urinary tract infection.

It could be so many random things like that, I think I'd just take the baby to the doctor just to be on the safe side. Hope she feels better soon!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2008

• The safest thing for a temp that high is to call her ped. Even if she doesn't act sick.
    JessTorres

Answer by JessTorres at 9:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• I went through that a few times w/ my son too. He didn't seem sick, but was running temps. My pedi said the fever is just a sign they are fighting something, so maybe she is fighting off a virus and her body i9s doing a good job of it!! It depends on how long she has the fever. After 2 - 3 days take her into the Dr's. Oh, and Tylenol never worked for my little one's fevers. Only Motrin would take the fever down - and cool baths. Good luck honey :)
    krysten78

Answer by krysten78 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• could be roseola too, my friend's baby had that, fever but was not acting sick. bring to dr, that's the best thing to do.
    momof2nj

Answer by momof2nj at 9:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• I would say she is teething my daughter when she was cutting the molars in the back ran a fever like that. The doctor said to just keep an eye on her and give her infant tylenol or infant motrion and if the fever kept going up then take her to the ER I know it is scary. After a few days she was fine! I know how hard it is when they are this little and can't tell you what is wrong. I hope this helps and take care
    breannasmom2007

Answer by breannasmom2007 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2008

• Yes definetley take your baby in my baby had a urinary tract infection but was not running fever some babies do run fever and it is a horrible thing to have to watch your child go through. I took my daughter in cause I was worried about her cause she was fussy I seen on tv. about babies having yeast infections and stuff so I took my daughter in cause she was fussy and asked them to check if she had a uti, they told me they would have to do a cathetar but I took a cup home and caught her pee myself and they tested it and sure enough she had a uti. Its always good just to check anyways
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2008