Picky daughter help

My 19 month old daughter is refusing to feed herself, she just squished her food up and expect me to feed her. And she only likes easy foods to chew. She has a horrible diet because she only eats soft foods what can I make her that she will eat? She like noddles and yogurt. That's about it. And quesadillas too. But any form of noodles is ok. Mac n cheese, spaghetti, ect... I can't get her to eat fruit (even bananas!) and veggies are sometimes hard. Did I mention she will not drink anything other than milk? Sometimes water but only out of a cup not her sippy cup. How can I deal with this oober picky child?!? Any healthy and good for you lunches/dinners she will like? HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• JMO...Don't feed into it. As long as you know that she can chew it then give it to her. If you cater to her then she is going to become more and more picky. She will get hungry and eat, no worries.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I would give her her food and tell her if she doesn't eat it then she gets nothing...we did that to our daughter and eventually she got really hungry and ate it. Now she eats everything.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Sounds like she needs a little tough love. You are allowing her behavior by giving in to it. It will be hard but you have to start offering her more things and not giving in when she doesn't like the idea of new things. As far as the cup thing goes, offer her a cup at all times with water and twice a day 1/2 water, 1/2 juice. I serve milk to my youngest at naptime and bedtime, he gets 2 cups of the juice mix and water inbetween those if he is thirsty. You have to take charge, you're the parent not her. It is one thing to force feed a kid something you know they don't like but giving her only things you know she will eat is making her more picky b/c she knows that if she fusses enough she'll get what she wants.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I wouldnt be as worried about the milk as I would be the picky eating.

Like the others have said don't give in, but do give her foods that she likes. With the quesadilla, put some turkey in with it, or spinish or mushrooms - really any veggie. That will help her eat what she likes, but also get a variety of other proteins and veggies. Also, with noodles, you can add lots of veggies to those as well.

You still need to make sure she is eating fruits and veggies. If you only serve them to her, then she will eat it. Good luck!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 12:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2009