when will he get a clue?

I am so tired this morning only becasue my DH got mad at me for wanting to go home and sleep and not go to his friends house and work on his trailor with him. He makes me feel gulity that i have an early start in the mornings. I work from 4:30 am to 5:15 pm. I finally went to the car at feel alseep in the car, then he came out and took me home and left again. I think that he came in around 1:30 what does expect me to do? After all i am the only one working, how do i get him to repsect my needs for rest?

mandic

Asked by mandic at 9:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like it is all
    about him. He is acting very shelfish. I would talk to him and talk to him again.
    You are the only one working and he needs to respect that. He needs to grow'
    up and take responsibility and take care of the ones he loves.
    Men can act like babies..it is almost like you have to repeat yourself a thousand and two times
    and cross your fingers and hope that one day they get it.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The first time my hubby left me overnight, I was gone when he came back he didnt know why, I told him we have a family, a home an that is your job to be here if its what you want. I went back(he was lucky) and he never did it again! We had different family values an raised very diff. But have had a long and happy relationship! You must have respect and my man says if he was a woman an the man didnt work, he wouldnt be getting any UNO. Thats what he says"-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• He's a little boy.

Pat him on the head, say "the grown ups need sleep:" and stand up for yourself.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Why are you the only one working? If he's able to work on a trailer for free, he is surely able to work at something for pay. I think you've more problems than his just not understanding that you need sleep. You can try to talk to him about selfishness and teamwork and wanting what's best for his wife, but you can probably expect him to get very angry if you bring any of that up. I think he has a character problem and that's one that only he can change. First, though, he has to want to be different. You might be able to influence that desire by stopping being so accomodating all the time. I think it's probably the only leverage you have at this time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• He isnt working because he was laid off. He was working on his trailor so that he can start his own business up again. He wants to be able to deciate all of his time to that.
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 11:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Look - whatever.

Nobody gets in between ME and MY SLEEP unless I gave birth to you.

You are allowing this behavior to make you miss sleep and feel guilty.

I would hope he is dedicating time to taking care of his family in other ways as well - cleaning the house, taking care of the kids, as a true partner should.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009