Do any of you mommies feed scrambled eggs to your 8 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're not supposed to start eggs until 9 months, which is what I've done with all me kids.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 9:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I did. but you aren't supposed to. At my sons 9 month check up i told his dr i was giving it to him and he said they don't recommend that til they are over a year because babies can be allergice to it. But he's been eating eggs since he was like 5 months old.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I tried. None of them liked them though. They still won't eat them and the youngest is 2.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You are "supposed" to wait for the full eggs until later, but I scramble the yolk with a little formula and he loves it!
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 10:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Again , the pedis say not too till a year, but i have been giving them to my 8 month old for a couple of months. I scramble them with a little milk, and add cheese. And she loves them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I did around 9 months and had no problems.

EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think you can if you do just the yolks, I know I did with my first and with him I did everything "by the books."
    miss_ang

Answer by miss_ang at 10:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I didn't at 8 months, but I started giving him the whole egg before I was "supposed" to. I can't remember when, maybe 9 or 10 months. The Drs. say just the yolk before a year old. I think though that you really need to take into consideration your allergy history. Do you or your hubby or other close family have food allergies? We have NONE, so I was a bit more daring giving my DS things than some think you should be. I haven't worried too much about a lot of those guidelines. I stay pretty close, but I don't wait until the exact dates the Drs. suggest either. You kind of have to go with your gut on some things. That's how I feel anyway.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• You're supported to wait until they are a year old. There is bacteria in eggs that babies can't fight off.. So, if you don't want your baby to get sick.. I'd find something else to feed him/her for breakfast.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 11:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes I do well my daughter is 10 months but i have been feeding her everything for a while now. at her 6 month check up her pedi told me she cant eat anything that i eat as long as it doesnt have peanuts or honey. So she eats everything i can as long as its soft enough for her because she only has 1 tooth! LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2009