How should I dispose of...

We have a jar of floor stain that my husband lost the top off of. I don't want my son in it, so it has to go. How should I dispose of it without getting it everywhere? Just dump in a garbage bag?

Littlejem

Asked by Littlejem at 9:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• can you put it up or put it outside for the day till it drys out so that it doesnt leak all over in your garbage bag?

if not then yes, i would first wrap it up in a grocery bag, seal it, then throw it in the garbage
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Put some duct tape and tape it real good so it won't spill and place it outside for the trash dudes to pick up or becareful when you do put it in a trash bag make sure it is cushioned enough so that it won't break on someone while picking up the trash. Or dump it somewhere no will get to that area. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• If you can let it dry up outside, maybe in your garage or shed up so noone or nothing can get to it. Also check with your local township (if in small area) some places don't allow you to dump (throw in trash) items like that.. they have a way of disposing it... it there isn't any such rules in your area then after it has dried up place in 2 thick garbage bags tightly sealed and then in a box seal box... place out on garbage day with a note on it that the box contains this item so that they are aware of it ...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2009