How do you look up whether a bank is in danger of collapsing?

Is there a list of the 100 banks they expect to close out there? I was going to move some of my savings around to new banks, but I don't know much about them so my family is worried.

Littlejem

Asked by Littlejem at 9:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not that I know of but there is no need to move your money. Most banks that "fail" are just bought out by others. You woudn't even notice a change except the name on your statement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Your money is FDIC insured, so you don't need to worry about your money, if that's your concerned about. If a bank gets shut down, the gov't assigns another bank to take over the accounts that were there. Your money won't go down the drain with the failing bank.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2009