Ultrasound

Is it possible that an ultrasound would date you from the time of implantation? (since technically thats when the baby would start growing).

Date of conception August 4 (start week 1)
Implantation bleeding August 18th (week 3)
and then a due date of May 16th?

Does that make any sense??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They go by the date of conception because technically. THAT is when a baby starts growing.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• So if i got pregnant August 4th and implantation bleeding on the 18th, when would my due date be based off of an ultrasound and not LMP?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

Anonymous

• drs use the ultra sound period lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I am not sure if I understand your question? Either way you would still be due around the same time, give or take a week, which at the end of pregnancy isn't that important, babies are late all the time, and babies are delivered aweek early all the time. Did your Dr never give you a date early in pregnancy? You should be due sometime soon if you got pregnant in S\August. Also, early ultrasounds date better than later ones. After 20 weeks, baies start growing more at their own rate with growth spurts and such not at the same rate kwim? So if you are talking about an ultrasound done recently then it would still have a huge possibility of being off by several days at best. Aslo implantation bleeding can happen up to a few days after actual implantation, so just because you bled that specific day doesn't mean that you implanted that day and not 3 days prior, kwim? I think more details would probably help.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I just re-read your question, and there is no way that you had implantation bleeding that far away from when you concieved, it has to implant in just a few days, or doesn't at all. Alot of women "try" to start their period when it was normally due, that sounds more reasonable to what you experienced. Based by conception I would assume you should be due around April 27th. But like I said babies come safely anytime from between 2 weeks before and 2 weeks late.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i thought implantation was anywhere from 6-12 days after conception? so is it possible to have gotten pregnant august 4th and have a due date of may 16th??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2009