My baby gurl has 2 middle names (4 names total) any1 thik that's jus 2much... BTW, I've seen more. Just askin cuz ppl always wonder why she has 2

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 10:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My father has 2, I have 2 (well 3 now because I kept my maiden name as another middle one), my first DD has 2 and we're currently debating whether this new baby will have 2 or not. I don't think it's strange at all.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Not really because on applications and such only her first middle name will be used. The rest are pretty much just for show. LOL.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'm a 3 name only kind of gal lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I guess I would do that if I had a reason. Like a pair of grandmothers names or something.

I wouldnt do it just for the sake of having 2 middle names.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think its great wish Id thought of it!! Me nor my 2 sisters were given a middel name?? My children do, i would have given them two !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't have a middle name, nor does my daughter.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughter has 2 (grandma and great grandma's names), and our daughter due in July will have 2 (mine and my mom's middle names). It is tradition on my husbands side that all the girls have 2, and it helped us from hurting someones feelings from only picking one grandma to name them after! I actually had never thought of it before I had my daughter but now that it has been brought to my attention it is amazing how many people actually do this and don't talk about it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughte has 3 names and then her last name. She was adopted at birth and I kept her birth name and added Danielle before it... Danielle Faith Marie and then her last name.
    I love it and could care less what other people think about it..
    It describes who she is to me.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my son has his first name, his middle name, and my last name as a second middle name and then his last.

but i've been thinking its going to be ridiculously long when he's in school and i kinda regret it now. we gave him his father's first name, but call him dave to differentiate, but in school he's going to have to write down michael david...i'm hoping that after a little while he can just write down david or something.

guess we should have thought it out before we got so hyped up on it. lol.

but your child should have whatever name you choose and if its really an issue and too long when she's older you can always legally change it to a shorter variation.
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 10:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ehh my son has 2 lol people say its to much too but you know he was 2 years old and knew his whole name and he was 4 and writing the whole thing so it is all good
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2009