WHY DO PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW THE BIBLE GET SO ANGRY WHEN CONFRONTED WITH OPPOSING VIEWS?

Asked by older at 10:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Because they haven't been taught/prepared to open their minds to other views and lifestyles.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I dont get angry and I have truly not seen anyone else get angry. But I would assume that they are trying to get their point across and they come across as if they are angry about it. Dont know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Just like politics,Religion,and politics are two things imo,that people have very strong opinions about,and once they get something in their head,they feel when confronted,that you are trying to change their minds or say they are wrong.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I think some of them want to "save" you from "burning in hell". They want to show you and tell you what you are doing wrong and should be doing. They mean well most of the time, they just really really believe in the bible. They don't understand why we DON'T believe in the bible, the same way WE don't understand how they CAN. The only ones that bother me are the ones who preach to you, but are the opposite of what THEY preach!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Because people are afraid of what they don't understand and people often react to their fear by getting angry.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Firelass. I could say the same of pagans or witches or buddists who refuse to open their minds to my Christian beliefs. They close their minds to me.

I have been taught to THINK for myslef and this is what I choose. With this choice comes some factual TRUTHS of rights and wrongs and that means that YES> some people are doing things that I will NEVER agree with. sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Because its people like you that don't just want a good debate- but absolutely obviously hate the bible and people who believe in it and want to shove what YOU think down their throats. Your way or the high way. I saw your "inmorral" question. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• ANON, IF THERE ARE NO OPPOSING VIEWS THERE IS NO DEBATE, OR IS A GOOD DEBATE ONE SIDED??? I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE SHOVING THEIR BELEIVES DOWN MY THROAT, WHY WOULD I DO THE SAME? I SIMPLY ASKED A GOOD QUESTION AND WANTED A REASONABLE ANSWER. I OFTEN FEEL LIKE ITS MY MOTHER TELLING ME AS A CHILD "BECAUSE I SAY SO"!

Answer by older at 10:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• AND BY THE WAY ANON, I HAVE TOO MUCH LOVE IN MY HEART TO HATE ANYONE.

Answer by older at 10:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Their little brains can't handle it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2009