Looking for info on laporoscopy

I am going infor a laporoscopy and am looking for some info. How was the surgery, how were you afterwards and what is the recovery like? Thanks ladies. Also how bad is the scar and where r they?

stephsmom05

Asked by stephsmom05 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Health

• It would depend on what proceedure they are doing. I had ACL replacement and just have a tiny little scar below my knee. i have a friend that had Bariatric surgery that way. Piece of cake! Use a bit of Vitamin E oil after to help diminish the scaring.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• It is going through my belly button to check for scar tissue/endometriosis
    stephsmom05

Answer by stephsmom05 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I had this procedure done also to check for endo, many of years ago- things may have changed since then but, they did go through the belly button- slight scar, not visible unless you are looking for it. I did get alot of scar tissue that is located down near the pubic area, off to the right side.
    You will need to take pain meds. Like with any surgical procedure there will be some discomfort for the next week or so, just stick on your meds and eat with them or you will get deathly sick. I hope all goes well- you'll be fine!
    worrier

Answer by worrier at 11:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009