My hair is starting to break off on the sides? Why is it doing this and what can I do to make it grow back?

I have cornrows in my hair right now and it only start breaking off a year ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Do you color your hair? My hair broke off when I had been coloring it. I had to go get the color stripped out and I bought really good shampoo and conditioner and just worked on getting it healthy again. As for the cornrows, I had a friend who had beautiful hair, till she did cornrows, then her hair got all thin and broke off. She gave up on the cornrows.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• The cornrows are probably pulling on your hair (especially when you're asleep and toss and turn) and its slowly breaking it off. I would probably have to say to lose the corn rows hun. This is a pretty common problem. Even pony tails do this to women really often.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My hair began breaking off LONG before the cornrows. I had just gotten a perm when my hair began breaking.I never colored my hair. What kind of shampoo should I get?(answering both GMR AND usbornbooksdh)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2009