What name do you use for your daughter's little private?

I know we are suppose to use the actual word penis and vagina but for some reason it sounds too grown up for them (I guess after watching "Kindergarten Cop" where that little boy says boys have penises and girls have vaginas....lol) So I just call it a cookie, private or down there for now(anything to avoid that word...lol) but I do plan to change it soon because she is going to find out sooner or later right.

She is 5 yrs. old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i say cooch. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my daughter knows hers as private part
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Tu-tu LOL she's only 8 months old so i still have a while...LOL jodi
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My one SIL calls it a Kitty my husband's mother says Critchet I have also heard Lily and my other SIL calls it a Tutu.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My daughter knows it as Gina (like vaGINA)
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We only use proper names for body parts. It gets too confusing for them later. With my oldest we didn't start out that way. When he was 7 or 8 we taught him the proper names and he looked straight at me and said "did we call it my peeper 'cuz there is something wrong with it?" That was it for me. Children don't need to be shielded from the reality of their body. To do so leaves the door open for confusion and even shame. My boys all have penises and scrotems. My granddaughter has breasts, a labia, vulva and vagina. We do refer to 'private parts' in any situation not family. Like my g/d had a bladder infection. She told me in the store " when I pee my private parts hurt. That is fine for me.. What works for us maynot work for others. DH and I also grew up in homes taught to be ashamed of our bodies and that sex was nasty. That plays a part as well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We call my dds her tee tee.

it works.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I don't have a lil girl but I would use private because thats what it is and should remain until she grows up and names it herself:)
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• my oldest dd is 6yrs old and she say coo coo or coochie
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We call it a vagina.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2009