Do any of the hair loss treatments actually work?

My husband is starting to bald and is using Nioxin shampoo to try to slow it. It doesn't seem to be working. Do you know someone that has tried a hair loss treatment that actually works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Nioxin is best as a preventative, not as good with re-growth. Also, you want to use the Serum not the shampoo. The shampoo primarily cleans ...the serum is what will help prevent hair loss (and in some cases, regrow). You can use any shampoo with the serum. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have been using "Rogaine" but it got too expensive so now I use the Walmart brand you get 3 little bottles for the 3 months for 19.99 I was stressing a while back and I seen a difference you might not grow hair back but you do get this little fuzz on top regardless it will help him to keep the hair he already has. Of course get him the men version of this, it helped me.

If he stops using this once he starts he will loose all he has saved on his head.

Could it be hereditery, if so there is not much he can do about that sorry. Continue to use hair loss products you never know which one might work for him.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My husband and I have been doing the research for years now.

We have been to the hair transplant consultations & the cold laser treatment evaluations. He was eligible for both but cost and/or time was a factor. You also have to start a treatment to prevent any future hair loss.

He has tried the laser comb and their shampoo, conditioner & supplements. He doesn't seem to have lost any more hair and it appears he has fine regrowth.

He did buy Rogaine and try it, but both of us were a little freaked out by the number of warnings as I touch his hair as do our two kids.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• He has recently switched to Arbonne Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner along with their Scalp revitalizer. The shampoo neutralizes the DHT using natural ingredients and the scalp revitalizer enhances circulation in the scalp and increases his chances of his hair growing back.

We are both much happier that he is using botanically based products.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://try.myarbonne.com

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2009