My daughter's turning one...

I'm not sure what I should do (as far as the party goes)? Where or what to do?

vr3star

Asked by vr3star at 11:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Congratulations!!!!

When planning a childs party I always try to think of what they like and what they would want.

for instance, does she like the park, the animals at the zoo or maybe eating ice cream or bing in or around water?

Also what characters they really like: Mickey Mouse, Princesses. whats her fav.

Then center it around what they like. I have been to so many parties where the mom has the party for herself and really puts no thought into what the kid wants. Of course she is young, but she is old enough to enjoy herself.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Congratulations, mamma!!

it is really up to you. Some one year olds don't like all the extra attention a party can bring. If your daughter isn't in the stranger anxiety phase, invite over some friends and family. You can have it at your home so she is familiar with her surroundings or a local park, etc.

We had it at a park and brought food and cake. This was easy because the older kids could play and I wouldn't have to think of something to entertain them. The main part of a first birthday is watching the birthday boy/girl eat their cake! We did a prince theme for ours. You can do as much or as little as you would like. Just make sure not to schedule it during nap time, etc.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Keep it small and keep it at home.
    The party is really for you, she won't remember it at all or understand what's happening. BUT she will get tired out quickly from the company and extra activity. So being at home lets her stay in a familiar place and let's her take a nap when she needs to.
    A mylar balloon tied with a 2 foot string and a weight at the end is a great party toy for her. It's right at her height for bopping.
    Don't forget to take lots of pictures while she eats her cake.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I agree with Kaycee. Keep is small and at home. Serve a few favorite dishes. Eat a lot of cake, maybe make one from scratch so it is a little healthier.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2009