Do you have a two story home?

We have never had a two story home before and having a issue with temp control. It's freezing downstairs and so hot upstairs. The thermostat is downstairs. Is there a way to help it from not being so hot upstairs and warmer downstairs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have two zone heat, one down and one up, so I don't have this issue. But try keeping the doors closed upstairs and that will keep more of the heat downstairs.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I have a two story home.If you have room at the top of the stairs,you can install a ceiling fan,and it will force heat downstairs.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• We use a little electric heater to help keep it warmer downstairs
    kenziesmom2006

Answer by kenziesmom2006 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• close the heating ducts upstairs .. at least when you arent in the room. open them downstair... heat will naturally travel upstairs ...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• talk to a heating/cooling expert! It was like that in the house I grew up in. I used to sleep all winter with teh window open!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• you can also hand a blanket over the downstairs opening on your stairs. I lived in old drafty military housing for too long and this was one of the bases suggestions. I have that same problem here but as you know hot air rises.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2009