HELP.... Charges on credit card!!!!!

Stupid me...I ordered a trial of aciburn(aciberry) and now I am getting multipule charges on my credit card. Can I call my credit card company and have them cancelled. I have called the aciberry and cancelled my orders and accounts. I don't know what to do. HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Did you order it from a pop-up?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes you should call your credit company and talk to them about your account.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• NO...I orderd it from an advertisement on the side of a web page.
    lynette737

Answer by lynette737 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Send a copy of the written proof of cancelation to your credit card company. That should be enough for them to stop charges and reverse any charges that occured after you cancelled.

If this cancellation was by phone only. Make note of the date and still call you cc.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• That's the same as a pop-up, pretty much. Happened to my mom, sort of. She clicked the side of a webpage where it said "Complete these offers and win a free XBox". Well, she did everything they asked her to do, and they still took out of her account for it. But it wasn't the total price. It was 5 dollars here, 8 dollars there, you get the picture. She tried to get them to pay it and they wouldn't, so she closed her bank account and opened a new one. Call your CC company and if there's nothing you can do cancel it and open another one.

It said in the tiny print that they would still take the money out of her account, that's probably what happened to you. They are scam artists.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2009