Would you get an amnio for a DNA test?

My husband and I are getting a divorce and he says he doesn't think the baby I am pregnant with (we have other kids) is his. Of course it is his and there is NO way it could be anyone elses, if the paternity isn't settles before I leave in two weeks, I won't get the extra money for the baby (which I really need, I have been a SAHM since I was 17) Would you get the amnio DNA test, or just give up the extra $1,500 and prove it once the baby is born. I've herad amnios can be risky. Has anyone ever had one? I am almost 28 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i ould not get the amnioe and if you are getting a a divorse then make him fill out the papers for the dna test whichthen he will have to pay for not you and if you go to court for custusy and child support they will ask him if he wants a dna test done
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• i would wait it out its too risky too due before baby is born and if he is the one who has a problem then he will have too go and pay for the dna too be done not you
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• MOST doctors won't even do amnio's unless its medically necessary. Good luck.
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I'd talk to your lawyer about this. If you could get this in front of a judge, and have the risks to the fetus known, then I'm pretty sure there is a way that you could get the money, if you get a DNA test after the baby is born. I dont think a judge on Earth would tell you to get the amino done if they knew the risks to the baby. I'm 37 weeks pregnant, and my doctor wouldn't even perform an amino to see if the lungs were developed before he induced me... Sooo... he wouldn't induce me...
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 4:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2009