Does anyones child have to do a state scrapebook in class?

My son is a 4 th grader and he has to do this state scarpe book with at least 60 pages and i am wondering if anyone else goes threw this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes!! My daughter is in fourth grade and she has to do a scrap book on her family and "life experiences". Being a girl she loves doing it!
    krisieb

Answer by krisieb at 2:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• My son also has to make a scrapbook of are state for South Dakota but when i was in school we did it in 6 th grade and now they have 4 th graders doing it too.. My son likes it so far he found info that he never knew before..
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 5:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Yes, my daughter did one last year in fourth grade in West Virginia! You can get alot of information online, just google!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2009

• Both my daughter and son had to do an ABC book for the state of North Carolina in fourth grade. In fact we just got through doing one. My mother helped them, which was a blessing, because she is more creative than I am. She googled almost everything and for each letter they had to type a short paragraph of information and show a picture. My mother got creative and used special construction paper for each letter. She went to Walmart and got fancy letters to glue on the top of each page. Then she put each page in a clear paper protector sheet. She also glued mailbox numbers to the bottom of each page for the page number. She emailed everyone in NC that she could to send us information and we had alot of responses. "We " ended up making 100 on each one. Also, we used special craft scissors to cut out each paragraph and picture and we glued them on separate construction paper that was a different color for a backing.
    huffmanall4

Answer by huffmanall4 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009